ZOPU 0.0.5 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Kaioken movement speed boost now reduced to a flat multiplier of 2-times movement speed
- Kaioken no longer incorrectly roots player movement at higher tiers
- Kaioken now deals damage to the player slowly while active
- Healing from charging Ki now capped to 50% of maximum health in preparation for obtaining healing items (Such as Senzu Beans) to be added in future update (Eventually)
- Finished updating animation system, all models should now always follow the base mesh’s pose regardless of animation, and all melee attacks (Left and Right Mouse) should play correctly
- Removed “Empty” Belt option
- Adjusted UI to update bar based on current maximum powerlevel instead of the actual max powerlevel
- Updated Post processing volume settings slightly, volume now applies a custom cel-band to the world in addition to characters, while only applying outline to characters (Custom cel-band is currently just a smooth gradient texture)
- Kaioken never (Ever) deactivates, looking into causes
- Transforming occasionally locks into an infinite loop of the rooted animation. De-transforming and re-transforming sometimes corrects this
- De-transforming from Ascended/Ultra Super Saiyan to regular Super Saiyan doesn’t correctly change morph target values for the hair mesh. Transforming and de-transforming multiple times sometimes corrects this
ZOPU 0.0.3 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Added Vegeta’s Android/Cell Saga Armor
- Added Shirtless version of Vegeta’s Andorid/Cell Saga Chest Armor
- Adjusted Transformation requirements slightly
- Fixed Transformations to correctly play animations when transforming for the first time
- Added Super Saiyan Grade 2 (AKA Ultra Super Saiyan, or the Ascended Super Saiyan form)
- Left button Melee attacks no longer play animations correctly, in the process of reworking how all animations are called on the character, and the system is currently incomplete. Right button melee still functions as before.
ZOPU 0.0.2 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Added Checkbox to Options Menu for enabling or disabling inverted vertical look direction
- Updated Character Creation Starting Powerlevel to automatically clamp displayed values to a 100 to 2,500,000 range, higher or lower will instead return a result of either the min or max values
- Updated Character Creation Starting Powerlevel to save its set value, so it will now remember what you previously set it as
- Added value check for inverting vertical look direction based on the new option in the options menu
- Clamped Look Pitch back to default, looking up or down will no longer exceed +90 or -90 degrees
- When moving and toggling Flight Off, movement velocity is slowed by half (Horizontally) and down to 1/4th vertically
ZOPU initial 0.0.1 Alpha build released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Basic movement: [W], [A], [S], [D]
- Fly Up: [Space Bar]
- Boost: [Left Shift] (Increases Powerlevel charge speed, and movement speed)
- Raise Powerlevel: [E]
- Lower Powerlevel: [Q]
- Toggle Flight: [F]
- Zanzoken(Short range Teleport): [G] + Any movement key direction to move as normal at a short burst of speed
- Toggle Lock-On: [V]
- Switch Lock-On Target: [V] + Mouse movement in any direction while locked onto a target
- Select Attacks: , , , and  keys (Not Numpad)
- Standard Melee: Left Mouse Button [LMB]
- Power Melee: Right Mouse Button [RMB] (Costs Powerlevel (PL) to use)
- Ki Attacks: Hold [E] + [LMB] to charge, when charged enough, release [LMB] to fire
- Kaioken: [E] + [RMB] (Last 3 seconds, boosts charging speed when boosted, and movement speed.)
- Transform: [R] (If Base PL is high enough to unlock, and current powerlevel exceeds requirement minimum)
The requirements for each Transformation to be unlocked are as follows:
- Super Saiyan unlocks at PL of 186,000
- Super Saiyan 2 unlocks at 372,000
- Super Saiyan 3 unlocks at 744,000
- Super Saiyan God unlocks at 930,000
- Super Saiyan Blue unlocks at 1,116,000
Things to note:
Base PL and actual PL are two different figures. The displayed PL is what the player is at currently at any given time, where as Base PL is what their non-multiplied PL is. So while you may be able to be well above 1,116,000 in Super Saiyan form, unless your base non-multiplied PL is higher than the above listed requirements, you will still be unable to reach those higher levels. Only your Base PL applies towards these requirements. The multiplies for each transformation are as follows:
- Super Saiyan: Base PL x 50
- Super Saiayn 2: Base PL x 100
- Super Saiyan 3: Base PL x 400
- Super Saiyan God: Base PL x 600
- Super Saiyan Blue: Base PL x 800
Also note, the highest Base Powerlevel is capped at 2,500,000, as anything higher breaks the PL system by exceeding Max Integer values when applying Super Saiyan Multipliers.
With the coming release of an early Alpha Build of ZOPU, I thought I would take a moment to setup a dedicated homepage for the project, which will be used going forward for all future updates to the project, so you will be able to simply check here for updates instead of digging through the old, somewhat cluttered, thread from the ZEQ2-Lite Forums (Found here). Updates will be put together in a more traditional change-log style going forward, and a general Known Issues/Bugs and To-Do list will be getting assembled as well.
As for the download itself, initially it’s only going to be a compiled single player only build of ZOPU (Multiplayer will be in a future update), and is going to be released later this week for general testing by the public. If you download the project, I encourage you to leave any feedback you have on performance, bugs, mechanics issues, Quality of Life improvement suggestions, exc.
Important Note: ZOPU is not a finished game, it’s still a very early work in progress of the project. Do not go in expecting there to be tons of things to do, and for everything to work correctly, cause more likely than not it won’t. Half the combat systems are incomplete, and the other half only work half the time correctly, so be warned before going in that the game will not function entirely without flaws.