ZOPU 0.0.6.2 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
This update mainly includes a hotfix for a few small issues introduced in version 0.0.6
- Fixed Kaioken and Boost Auras to correctly be hidden when using Zanzoken
- The Majin Buu cardboard cutout has been chased off from East City, and is no longer present, Mr. Satan apologizes for any inconvenience this has caused
- Earth’s ocean level has been corrected, but Master Roshi’s magazine collection has been lost to the great flood
ZOPU 0.0.6 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Kaioken can now be toggled on and off, instead of its previous 3 second timer. Toggles off automatically when the player’s health gets at or below 10
- Character now correctly faces forward and roots in place when firing attacks instead of rotating with camera view
- Fixed animation bug that sometimes resulted in the player being rooted in place and stuck in the transformation animation
- Adjusted Aura particle system to match character mesh animations instead of simply being a “bubble”
- Added additional aura particle layers to flesh out the look and feel of the auras to better match the anime visuals
- Adjusted aura colors slightly
- Kaioken updated to have its own separate aura that renders behind the character’s normal aura, now accurately imitates Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken
- Base form aura now changes its colors to blend into Kaioken when active, other forms remain their original colors
- Adjusted water materials slightly, they now partially reflect the scenery, water shader is still incomplete
- Adjusted UI for character creation screen, options and text are now displayed inside a box to be better visible against the background
New Known Issues:
- Transforming occasionally locks into an infinite loop of the rooted animation. De-transforming and re-transforming sometimes corrects this (Partially fixed, but still happens sometimes)
- De-transforming from Ascended/Ultra Super Saiyan to regular Super Saiyan doesn’t correctly change morph target values for the hair mesh. Transforming and de-transforming multiple times sometimes corrects this (Partially fixed, still happens sometimes)
- Transformation markers do not update dynamically based on health or experience gains
- Majin Buu Cardboard cutout has been sighted above East City… Try to ignore it…
- Text incorrectly displayed for travel dialogue when traveling to Hyperbolic Time Chamber
- Kame House is currently flooded by incorrectly elevated ocean levels… Damn global warming…
ZOPU 0.0.2 Alpha build is now released. You can find the link in the Download section, or click here to download.
- Added Checkbox to Options Menu for enabling or disabling inverted vertical look direction
- Updated Character Creation Starting Powerlevel to automatically clamp displayed values to a 100 to 2,500,000 range, higher or lower will instead return a result of either the min or max values
- Updated Character Creation Starting Powerlevel to save its set value, so it will now remember what you previously set it as
- Added value check for inverting vertical look direction based on the new option in the options menu
- Clamped Look Pitch back to default, looking up or down will no longer exceed +90 or -90 degrees
- When moving and toggling Flight Off, movement velocity is slowed by half (Horizontally) and down to 1/4th vertically
With the coming release of an early Alpha Build of ZOPU, I thought I would take a moment to setup a dedicated homepage for the project, which will be used going forward for all future updates to the project, so you will be able to simply check here for updates instead of digging through the old, somewhat cluttered, thread from the ZEQ2-Lite Forums (Found here). Updates will be put together in a more traditional change-log style going forward, and a general Known Issues/Bugs and To-Do list will be getting assembled as well.
As for the download itself, initially it’s only going to be a compiled single player only build of ZOPU (Multiplayer will be in a future update), and is going to be released later this week for general testing by the public. If you download the project, I encourage you to leave any feedback you have on performance, bugs, mechanics issues, Quality of Life improvement suggestions, exc.
Important Note: ZOPU is not a finished game, it’s still a very early work in progress of the project. Do not go in expecting there to be tons of things to do, and for everything to work correctly, cause more likely than not it won’t. Half the combat systems are incomplete, and the other half only work half the time correctly, so be warned before going in that the game will not function entirely without flaws.